Saturday, April 23, 2005

Water Safety training aka Beach Day!

To teach us how to be safe in the water, we had to go out 100 yards in a skiff, jump out, tread water and climb back in the boat. That was water safety! The rest of the day (last Thursday) was spent hanging out at the beach at Porto Azul, a nice resort south of Manila. The sand was brown but the water blue and there was a view of the Taal volcano in the distance. It was the first time I'd scene the coast since arriving in the Philippines nearly a month ago. It was a nice respite from our hectic training schedule and from my small polluted barangay, where I spend most of my days now for training!

Check out the pics:

Volunteers Mary Owen (Detroit) and Erin McNeff (Connecticut) hanging on the beach
The view from the Beach: the active volcano, Taal, is across the bay from Porto Azul
The beach at Porto Azul resort
My Peace Corps friends: Josh (Alaska), Kelly (Pittsburgh), Erin (Connecticut), Mary (Detroit), me and Kate (upstate New York, near Rhinebeck)
Me and Ate Dolor, our hub site manager

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home